Tuesday, October 23, 2007

in my sleep..

I really want this blog to be about the most interesting, the most memorable, and the most powerful aspects of birth. So, I'm hesitant to include this post, but it was so affecting for me.

The other night I had this dream. I was in a place quite like my room now, with the light all brilliant and warm. I don't know who I was talking to, or maybe I was talking to myself, but I was explaining my hesitation to have children of my own one day. All of the things that are going on in the world are kind of discouraging, and I believe some gnarly things are going to happen in the dim future. This is coming from my most cynical and apocalyptic side, but I do think of it often. Then, after letting me ramble on, getting myself into a horrible tangle, the voice just pauses. Then it says:

YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT BRAVERY.

That was it. I woke up, and I still don't know what it means to me. It's true though, and I'm glad I remember now.

No comments: